Design Director x
Remote / Full-timeApply Now
TinyWins is a brand strategy, design and digital product agency that gives the world's largest legacy brands and emerging VC-backed startups unquestionable clarity about their place in the world.
We’re currently dreaming up the pharmacy of tomorrow with Albertsons, delivering media to the power of more with Samsung Ads, adding a little flavor and flare to Blaze Pizza, gamifying employee engagement with Anheuser-Busch InBev, and creating a new way to work with Slack.
We help small brands making big leaps, to global brands stacking tiny wins to create relevancy and build momentum. And we’re having a hell of a whole lot of fun doing it.
As Design Director, you will oversee all visual projects, ensuring consistency and the highest standards of quality across a broad range of clients and projects. In addition to communicating a client’s creative vision to design teams and stakeholders, you will be responsible for managing and developing an internal team of designers, providing feedback and direction on a daily basis.
- You are able to quickly a clients business needs and turn them into elegant and compelling creative solutions
- You are able to oversee multiple projects at once, from conception to completion, in accordance with deadlines
- You enjoy providing mentorship and guidance to more junior designers and team members
- You are a flexible, motivated, and highly collaborative self-starter who can roll up their sleeves and get things done
- You are comfortable working in ambiguity, shaping a clear path forward and shepherding clients and teams through, research, strategy, design and execution
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the brand design team to produce new visual identities for clients by designing, providing feedback and presenting
- Connecting with individual designers on a daily basis to make sure time and energy is being spent appropriately and efficiently
- Actively listening to individual needs with the intention of helping designers develop and grow in skill and stature
- Organizing and leading internal meetings focused on solving client problems and planning for design resources
- Supervising all visual projects for consistency and sharing feedback during each step of the design process
- Communicating with company partners to best suit client needs (e.g. attending marketing meetings and working with outside vendors)
- Asking smart questions, taking risks and championing new ideas
- Shepherding clients through the design process, addressing their needs and determining when to connect them with the appropriate resources/team members as needed
- Partnering with the brand strategists and copywriters to present their work as well designed as possible
- Developing exceptional copy to present design work in its best potential
- Shaping brand standards and implementing best practices for internal and external presentations
- Evaluating trends, assessing new data and keeping up-to-date with the latest design tools and techniques
- Actively contribute to a culture consistent with TinyWins’ mission and values
- 10+ years of progressive design leadership experience with an extensive portfolio of work to share
- 5+ years experience managing multiple teams and leading multiple tracks of work at once
- Extensive experience working for a creative agency or similar environment
- Extensive experience working in Figma, InVision and other design platforms
- Highly organized and be able to multitask and manage multiple projects and competing priorities without sacrificing results or quality of work